Monday 14 April 2014

The Long Ranger


Imagine passing your driving test, and then deciding to go out on a solo 4x4 tour of the Sahara. Translate that into internet spaceships and you have the challenge I have set for myself.  Inspired by Baby Dady’s blog ‘Bob’s Disciple’ I am going off on my own into W-Space in search of targets. I am taking my cloaky Proteus out into the wilderness of W-Space; I am very excited but also a little apprehensive.

I set out yesterday, jumping down our chain into a very convenient highsec three jumps from Jita.  I stocked up on supplies and as I write this my Proteus is being polished and waxed in Jita 4-4 waiting to go. I plan on jumping around highsec until I can find a decent wormhole and branch off away from people and towards glory! I don’t plan to return until my Proteus is destroyed, I have accepted its loss already and moments before its death I will offer it to Bob and ask him to bestow greatness on my next one.

I want to use my trip as a learning experience, luckily my new corp is very supportive and I’m sure I will be bombarding them with questions. I am sure this will be a fantastic learning opportunity and hope to take several things from it:

  1. Learn to stalk and not be discovered.
  2. Learn about chains, and how to navigate wormhole space in the most effective manner.
  3. Improve my scanning.
  4. Learn to scout.

I think my trip will help me with all of these things (providing I don’t explode too soon!). I will keep this blog updated with every day’s activities, but perhaps I will keep it vague if I am actively hunting people.

TJ 

2 comments:

  1. As a new player myself, your blog is very intriguing. I'm following it closely! Keep up the great work, and thanks for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! I'll try and keep it interesting, don't be afraid to contact me in game if you have any questions - I'm always willing to help our a fellow rookie!

    ReplyDelete