Friday 11 April 2014

Home Sweet Home

The solution to solving any problem is diving headfirst into it.

Perhaps this advice isn’t so sound if your problem is physically solid in nature but in Eve at least, what’s the worst that can happen? 

It is this attitude that helped me decide on my new corp. I have conversations with many, many corps ranging from C1 guys all the way up to the C6 corporations.  Now I consider myself very inexperienced as far as wormholes go, in both skill points and physical pilot experience. Due to this lack of experience I chose to join a C5 > C5 PvP oriented wormhole corp – and idea that I still think is crazy, but the right one.  I decided to jump in higher up the chain because I believe that there is only one way to learn, and that surrounded by the right group of people anything is possible.  The guys I have joined seem great, and more than willing to help a squishy space learner. So from now on the stories should start flowing nicely!

I’ll start with moving day:

Imagine moving everything you own (in my case this is not a fat lot) through a door that may or may not contain several people actively trying to hunt you down and murder you. Oh and on top of that the door might slam shut at any time.Lesson number one: travel light. To me, the logistic of wormhole life is one of the worse things about the whole experience, but I fully acknowledge it is a necessary evil – and I’m sure in future I will take joy out of disrupting other peoples moving.

About thirty minutes after deciding to join up I had shifted my proteus and deimos (thanks to a very lucky highsec entrance) and was on my way back to Amarr to grab a couple of cheaper PvP cruisers when somebody in the alliance chat asked if anybody wanted to kill a procurer.  Always game for some fun, and feeling the need to prove I wasn’t afraid to jump into a ship and shoot stuff I span around in my shuttle and head straight back.  By the time I was back I had gotten onto teamspeak, introduced myself and hopped into my Deimos.

During my travel back the miners had realized our scout’s presence and sadly run away.  Shortly after however, their greed and need to chew on ice became too much for them to resist and three procurers were reported in the belt with a drake and deimos floating around in the system somewhere.  It was then that I was assaulted with a terminology I didn’t understand “jump to NSF on my word”. I started to panic a little, not wanting to appear the idiot and mess up the gank I started clicking around on everything I could until I figured that NSF is ‘Nullsec hole F’, and breathed a sigh of relief as I found the bookmark and aligned.  After a fleet warp I found myself outside the hole waiting for the command to jump through. A saber was going to warp a second before the fleet as a whole entered warp and hopefully trap the hapless miners.

“Jump jump jump”

I couldn’t ask for more on my first evening in the corp – I got most of my stuff in through a nice highsec and got a gank within an hour of joining. And best of all, I don’t have to look at the inside of a station anymore! I’ll leave you with the view out of the window!



TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment